Software QA Engineer
VanDyke Software is looking for a QA Engineer to join our team in testing existing and new commercial software applications. This role requires a curious and self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills to help ensure the quality of commercial software that securely communicates information across the Internet.
At VanDyke Software you'll contribute to the success of a small company that for
25+ years has delivered rock-solid software for transmitting data securely over
- Assess bug reports and identify steps to reproduce them.
- Implement testing frameworks for application software.
- Design and implement manual and automated tests.
- Document tests for future use by all QA staff.
- Run existing tests (both manual and automated) on multiple platforms.
- Collaborate with software developers as part of an Agile software development team in a shared goal of producing excellent software in a timely manner.
- Assist product managers and technical support departments in gathering information needed to respond to customer questions quickly and accurately.
Qualifications and Experience
- Hands-on development and troubleshooting on various operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to document testing information accurately.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment.
- Schedule requires the ability to work full time onsite in Albuquerque, NM.
Additional Consideration Provided for Individuals with the Following Experience
- Programming experience with C++, Perl, Bash, and MS-DOS batch files a plus.
- Experience working with an Agile development team.
- Experience with Internet communication protocols such as FTP, Telnet, and SSH.
- Experience with security concepts regarding cryptography, certificates, and public keys.
- Experience with defect tracking software such as TestTrack.
Our competitive compensation package includes benefits such as:
- Fully paid employee medical/dental (with employer contributions for dependent coverage).
- Employer-provided short- and long-term disability.
- Employer-provided life and AD&D insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Holiday pay.
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses may also be given depending on company sales revenue.
- A casual dress environment.
VanDyke Software is a company where every person has an impact on quality and service every day, where there is room for growth in your career, and where you participate in the company's success.
Employment inquiries may be sent to