VanDyke Software is looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our team in supporting existing and new product development. This role requires working closely with other developers as a team to produce quality commercial software that securely communicates information across the Internet.
At VanDyke Software you'll contribute to the success of a small
company that for 25+ years has delivered rock-solid software for
transmitting data securely over the internet.
- Learn the technologies used in VanDyke Software products, including C++, Objective-C, MFC, Qt, and SSH2.
- Using an Agile development methodology, implement application software from requirements through production to commercial deployment.
- Develop, code, test, and debug software on multiple platforms as well as review code as part of the development lifecycle.
- Analyze and generate ideas to improve quality, stability, and scalability of the code base.
- Collaborate with other developers as part of an Agile software development team in a shared goal of producing excellent software in a timely manner.
- Assist product managers and technical support departments in gathering information needed to respond to customer questions quickly and accurately.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and trends that improve the software to the benefit of our customers.
- Provide leadership and coach junior development team members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in C++.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting of code on operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Schedule requires the ability to work full time onsite in Albuquerque, NM.
Additional Consideration Provided for Individuals with the Following Experience
- Programming experience with Perl, Bash, and MS-DOS batch files.
- Experience working with an Agile development team.
- Experience with Internet communication protocols such as FTP, Telnet, or SSH.
- Experience with security concepts regarding cryptography, certificates, and public keys.
- Experience with defect tracking software such as TestTrack.
Our competitive compensation package includes benefits such as:
- Fully paid employee medical/dental (with employer contributions for dependent coverage).
- Employer-provided short- and long-term disability.
- Employer-provided life and AD&D insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Holiday pay.
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses may also be given depending on company sales revenue.
- A casual dress environment.
VanDyke Software is a company where every person has an impact on quality and service every day, where there is room for growth in your career, and where you participate in the company's success.
Employment inquiries may be sent to