How do I move my sessions and settings to SecureCRT® for Mac OS X from the Windows version and vice versa?
The following steps describe how to move your SecureCRT sessions from Windows to Mac or the reverse.
- On the destination computer, open the Global Options dialog, select the General category, and note the Configuration folder location.
- On the source computer, open the Global Options dialog, select the General category, and note the Configuration folder location.
The Configuration folder is set the first time SecureCRT is run after installation.
- Close all instances of SecureCRT on both the source and the destination computers.
- Copy the contents (including sub-folders) of the Configuration folder on the source computer to the Configuration folder on
the destination computer.
Most session and setting information is used the same way on both platforms. These are some settings which are not.
- For fonts, the default font is used (fonts are not guaranteed to exist on both platforms).
- Serial port definitions need to be modified.
- Local folder locations need to be modified: host key database,
identity, download, logging, logon scripts, and scripts associated with mapped keys or buttons.
- Custom menus and toolbars are currently only supported on Windows.
- RLogin, TAPI, and Telnet/SSL connection protocols are currently only supported on Windows.
|Four Fast Ways to Learn More...